adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

My FIRST non-ADD experience


My first day of a full dose of my adult ADD medication. For how excited I was, I actually didn't think about it much as the day progressed. It has been a great day; full of relaxation, swimming - I went down a HUGE water slide today for the first time ever - screaming the whole way down. And then dinner out...with decadent dessert.

But I had such a strange experience just now - while on the phone with someone - and I wondering...was this my first non-ADD experience?!?

The phone conversation was about the coming week and various plans to be made - the person I was talking to was telling a story about their visit to a very nice hotel over the week-end and how they could really live in a place like that. I interrupted them (not unusual) to begin to veer off "on a tangent"(not at all unusual) and indulge myself with an off-the-wall discourse on the future and housing and urban planning and real estate trends and...

BUT HERE IS THE GOOD PART - I realized what I was doing...I decided immediately that my musings didn't really have much to do with anything...that I might need to just listen and not race AHEAD...AND HERE IS THE REALLY GOOD PART -

I didn't really care to go and do some random blue sky thinking.

This is a really big deal. Trust me. If you or someone you know has attention deficit disorder, you understand.

K

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacq said...

LOL I definately do understand. Good for you!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home