adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Baby, I'm a Brand New (Adult ADD) ME!


I'm in a new relationship...with me! I mean, who IS this person?! I see myself able to take action immediately. I use my time wisely, without way over-scheduling. I seem much better at thinking clearly about some of the life issues I am facing and judging about the outcomes and consequences of different choices.

It does seem that I should take my time and not really rush any major decisions yet. After all, it is only Day 7 on my new adult ADD med. But it is so very cool that even the little daily decisions that used to tie me in knots are now really "no big thing".

Both daughters have noticed the change! I told them both how hopeful I was, starting on getting some medication. One especially loves the new me and says I am just so "chill". I know what she means.

Actually, right now I feel invincible. I can handle anything. Just call me one happy camper for taking (what felt like) a last-ditch effort to save myself. I didn't want to take attention deficit meds. I tried for years and years to become someone that did what they said they were going to do. But I just was not able to carry through for long. I have been a great Mom and a great wife. Everything else...all my own personal goals and dreams and plans just have never, ever taken flight. Plenty of first flights and a long list of "almost!".

But I now believe that - newly equiped with the med that is allowing me to JUST THINK CLEARER - I can truly live the life I want.

There is so much to learn and try and do - wish me bon voyage, wonderful reader. And stay with me, as I go forth. There are victories and challenges ahead.

If you or someone you know has attention deficit disorder...share your experiences!

We can travel and conquer together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home