adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Same store - New head


This is Day 13 of taking adderall for adult ADD! I have been to the grocery store for quick in&outs but have not been really shopping since beginning this medication.
I really do not like to shop - which puts me at odds with all of my friends. But I had to go to the local Target to pick up several items, even if it was going to be full of back-to-school shoppers.

My first reaction, upon entering, was "WHOA...what did they do to Target?!" I stood still and looked around in curiousity. But then I realized that the store was just the same as usual, but my head was not.

I usually have to shop quickly, with my head down if possible, to filter out all the noise and distractions and movement. It is generally a big blur. I often leave stores in frustration, quickly giving up if I couldn't spot what I needed right away.

But this medicine is allowing me to...be calm, focus on my list and simply take my time.

I think there may be some major shopping expeditions in my future - watch out budget!!!

K

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacq said...

Hi K.

Wow we really do have a lot in common. I also never liked shopping for all the same reasons. I'll have to try it with some Ritalin onboard.

7:17 PM  
Blogger ME said...

AH! I have read a lot of "sounds like me" recently. But this one is like word for word and I thought it was just a specific to my personality, not a symptom. I hate to shop, hate to shop with my husband more because he LOOKS at everything. I like to go, get what I want and leave. --- But last week, on Day #1 of Adderall 20mg, I shopped at 5 stores with my girls, no problem, and I was like you, down every aisle, letting my daughter mull over shoes, picking out pants for my husband, I was having a good time. (?) A very surreal experience. I am intrigued to read the rest of your blog. :o)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home