adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Embracing BLACK


The "it" color for fall is black. At least accoding to the popular fasion mags. And I would have hated that...before. You know - before I received a new input filter, courtesy of adderall for adult ADD. I have always hated the color black. Never mind that it makes us look slimmer & altogether so altogether. I hated it in clothing - it didn't make me happy to wear it, it seemed so "join-the-crowd"ish, and makes people look very grown-up. How do you do cart-wheels in black attire?!

But I'm over hating black. It seems a bit of wasted energy to fight some things; fashion trends being one of them. There are ALOT of things I intend to do now...but being a fashion mogul is not one. Therefore, if black is what is in all the stores , I'll buy.I have more important things on and in my mind.

But the pre-med me became fairly distracted by details such as this. I would spend possibly a great deal of time looking for the pants I needed in a more appealing color shade. Of course, I wouldn't find them. So I'd then spend more time trying to find a tailor, then fabric, plus hours looking through patterns - oh, and finding one for curtains and forgetting I really need some pants! I felt like the mouse in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book!

I honestly can't say why, but it does seem that my ability to DECIDE WHAT TO FOCUS ON - is vastly improved!!! And if you see someone doing cartwheels down the sidewalk, wearing a very grown-up black outfit and a grin - that's me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home