adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Power of One - with adult ADD


I had ONE piece of pie yesterday.


I went to the book store and carried ONE book into the coffee shop to look at.


I am reading ONE book for fun.


That may not sound worth noting, but it really, REALLY is!


Before taking medication for my adult ADD, choices were just overwhelming. I truly couldn't decide about big and little issues. I would just order 2-4 of the desserts and pick at each. I would stagger through the book store with as many books as I could carry...they all looked fascinating. There were stacks of magazines and books and papers by my bed, all being reviewed simultaneously and in short bursts.


And - OK, I will admit it. I do miss that whole "wow, I want it all!" attitude. It was like walking through life as a little kid at a carnival. The problem is - I am not a little kid anymore and going through real life like that can make you sick by the end of the day. You have taken in too much info/too many rides/too much junk food. And the whole day/your whole life is ONE BIG BLUR.


So I am ready to celebrate the power of ONE! I will eat that one piece of pie and lick the plate. I will learn a bit about one particular subject. I will finish one book from front to back. But I can still enjoy a day at a carnival...it is just not my everyday life.


K

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like reading your blog. It gives me insight into who you have been as well as who you are becoming. You are a very special lady. I am glad to know you.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home