adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Please don't interrupt me


My life is just SO much better, since deciding to deal as positively and assertively as I can with my ADHD. The tools of medication (adderall) , self-study and membership with advocacy groups have all helped improve my quality of life!


But there is still something that causes me to feel uncertain - an area in my own life that I need to cope with. I am talking about...TALKING. You know, conversational skills.


I am my own boss and am in a very intense process of setting up a business idea. Especially now that the medicine has allowed me to do things - really do them! The business currently has one employee - me! Yes, there are people in my life and I do talk to them on a regular basis. But I haven't really had to engage in 'social talk' very much, since this new and improved brain/me/outlook has emerged.


I remember very, very vividly how hard it is for me to not interrupt. Not because I think I am ALL THAT or that I am rude. In fact, I am just going to have to spend some time over the next few weeks figuring out WHY 'social talk' is (or hopefully was) so difficult. Is it my ADHD? Am I lacking in some area of self-esteem? Could I be boorish?! Yikes!!! Somebody interrupt me, please!!!

K




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home