adderblogger

"Here's to a good woman, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them" - dedicated to mothers and daughters everywhere.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

world expansion with ADHD


I have experienced WORLD EXPANSION on a personal basis...it is awesome. Taking medication (adderall) for my ADHD has greatly impacted my world over the past two months...but my world itself is getting bigger and it is way cool.

I can now travel and it is not a huge deal; before meds, any travel taking over a few hours was...hell. I got fidgetty and anxious and squirmy and uncomfortable. So hard. Now, I can travel and it is (almost) no biggie. In face, I have an opportunity to travel internationally and I think I just might go! Honestly, the thought of being on a plane for 14 hours is mind-boggling. But I am seriously considering it. I am able to focus on all the great things this trip could bring and less on "how will I ever be able to sit still that long?!".

I have finished the initial big step of getting one of my biz ideas up and running. It really happened...not just me talking about it..the structure is in place and we are moving forward. All the actions to bring this to fruition took patience and determination and ability to take things one step at a time. Not just work a little bit here and then switch to something else...and then switch back - as I did before the ADHD medication. Momentum and focus were lost with that approach.

Most of all, I can make clearer personal decisions. Somehow, I can filter through all the stuff that clogged my thinking abilities and can see the best way to do things and what makes sense and what doesn't.

I am now ready to learn more about ADHD; I know how it has affected my own life and the negative impact it has had,when I just didn't want to admit this condition. Not dealing was a choice and not a good one. Most of all, I intend to begin to learn about other people and their coping stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home